Friday, May 10, 2013
Last Ten Films We've Seen- The Michael Caine Version
First of all, let's go over the images:
1) A fineral limo- the French film "Holy Motors" (film #1) has some of these, email Javier the Inern for an explanation.
2) The burqini- we are bascially doing this for our reades in Cairo, Doha and Dubai, for the film "Spring Breakers," (film #6) not to be confused with the 1983 teen sex film "Spring Break." We assume both films are hard to find in Eqygt, Qatar and Dubai.
3) A brass teapot for "The Brass Teapot," (film #10) a new indie film with Juno Temple that screened recently at the River Run Film Festival in Winston-Salem, NC; we need to ask Ken Farmer of "Antiques Roadshow," an auctioneer from Radford, Va., how much this teapot is worth. Actually, we'll ask Javier to do it!
Here is the list:
1. "Holy Motors" (France. dir-Leos Carax. 2012)
2. "Cosmopolis" (Canada. dir-David Cronenberg. 2012)
3. "Elmer Ganry" (dir-Richard Brooks. 1960)
4. "The Day of the Dolphin dir-Mike Nichols. 1973)
5. "This Is Not a Film" (Iran. dir-Jafar Panahi 2011)
6. "Spring Breakers" (dir-Harvey Korine. 2012)
7. "Alfie" (the Michael Caine version; UK. dir- Lewis Gilbert. 1966)
8. "The Company You Keep" (dir-Robert Redford 2012)
9. Wake in Fright (Australia. dir-ted Kotcheff. 1971)
10. "The Brass Teapot" (dir. Ramma Mosley. 2012)
*-We are not actually in Hartford, but we are in the same time zone
**-Javier the Intern is a fictional character who has 'been working' for us for four years now
http://www.politicscultureandotherwastesoft.blogspot.com (Our sister blog)