Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Virtual Postcard from West Virginia_ The State Capitol
Today, we start off with West Virginia. On Sunday, the first day of the trip, we had the following unique expericences:
1) In Roanoke, Va., less than one mile into the trip we were pulled for going 38 MPH in a 25 MPH zone; the police officer was kind enough to let us off with a warning..
2) In Pembroke, Va., a hamlet in Giles County we ate a foot-long vegeterian sub at Subway, which marked the first meal of the trip.
3) Near Princeton, W.Va., we believe we saw the first road kill of the trip, which came in the form of a dead deer.
4) In Beckley, W.Va, we noticed several far right, pro-coal industry billboards which accused President Barack Obama of being a 'jobs killer;" this seems like a waste of fnds as West Virginia was not a swing state.
5) In Charleston, W.Va., we drove by the state capitol shown above.
Well, that is all for today; we're still a bit fatigued, but we can send you a link to today's "Blondie" comic srip: http://www.blondie.com