Saturday, October 20, 2012
Saturday Morning Tweets_ Picking Up Those Pesky Pennies
Here is a look at some tweets we have digested (yes, that is a nudge to Gustave) from the 11:00 a.m. hour (New York time, which seven hours behind Bursa and Istanbul):
1. @TheMuslimGuy (Arsalan Iftikhar, a progressive Muslim-American): "DC Friends: Sunday night check out my friend comedian Dean Obeidallah @DeanofComedy shows in Wash. DC, will be fun!" (Obeidallah is a Palestinian-American comic, he is pictured top).
2. @current (Current TV): "In Colorado, a ballot initiative to legalize pot is more popular than either Romney or Obama."
3. @FSU_Volleyball (Florida State Seminoles Women's Volleyball, featuring two Turkish student athletes Fatma Yildirim and Duygu Duzceler, this tweet is in reference to their very close win over Georgia Tech last night): "@FSUVolleyball is on the road and headed to Clemson. Thanks everyone for their Twitter love last night! We love our fans."
4. @HuffingtonPost (Huffington Post): "Burger King unleashes pumpkin burger" (pictured, middle).
5. @LOLGOP (LOL GOP): "The other freedom ObamaCare offers is the chance to create your business w/out fear of losing or not being able to afford health care."
6. @neilhimself (Neil Gaiman, a famed fiction writer): "Wife is jogging somewhere."
7. @wamu885news (WAMU 88.5-FM, a new station based in Washington, DC): "The Baltimore National Aquarium is asking the public to help name its baby sloth."
8. @TheOnion (The Onion is a faux news journal): "Area Man Spends Absurd Amount of Time Trying to Pick Up a Penny."
http://www.aqua.org (web site for the National Aquarium)