Friday, April 1, 2011

No April Fools Joke This Year




For several weeks, I had contemplated saying that my screenplay for "My Dinner with Andre 2" which was also co-written by Dennis Alexander (my alias) and Nishan Shakashi (the Turkish word for April Fools) was green-lighted by IFC Films. I was going to add that it had full approval from the original stars and screenwriters Wallace Shawn and Andre Gregory. And, that this 'sequel' to the 1981 film about two men in a a restaurant talking was going to be directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Ultimately, since both Shawn and Gregory are alive and well, and we really need to get out of Graham, NC* for a weekend getaway, that this was not in our best interest.

I was in sueded version of "My Dinner with Andre" which we made for the Shadowbox Cinema in Roanoke, Va. The cinema's manager, my friend Jason Garnett, announced that they will host a screening of the doc "King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters," complete with a Donkey Kong competition.

The real version of "Andre" is available from Criterion classics.

*-We are not really in Graham, NC, but a town similar to it.

PS- We goofed in yesterday's entry as the UNH Wildcats lost to Notre Dame in the men's college quarterfinals. Yale was the team that lost to Minn-Duluth.

No comments: