Friday, March 4, 2011

Today is My 41st Freakin' Birthday




You are assuredly asking why this image of the Bath Covered Bridge in Bath, New Hampshire, is the chosen image for this blog entry.

Well, I've learned over the years that finding a good birthday to post with a blog is nearly impossible as for some reason more birthday cake photographs seem to be copyrighted or blocked that anything else.

As it turns out, covered bridges are not easy to hotlink either mainly due to their sizes. We tried to get images of the Humpback Covered Bridge in Covington, Va., the Meems Bottom Bridge in Mount Jackson, Va. (near Edingburg, Va., where I once lived in the Shenandoah Valley) and the Mud River Covered Bridge in Milton, WVa., before settling with this one.

And, I also chose this image because we found out, just today, that Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge over Troubled Water" was actually the number one song in America when I was born, not "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" by B.J. Thomas, as I had long assumed.

So, I have Wikipedia to thank for making me realize I had been spreading misinformation over the years.

As it turns out, the theme song from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" ('Raindrops') was the number one song in January of 1970.I guess if I had been born prematurely, then I would have been accurate!

No comments: