Sunday, October 19, 2008

Welcome to My New Blog-The Daily Vampire




Welcome to my new blog "The Daily Vampire." I am choosing this title because I happen to have insomnia, which has been remedied in somewhat within recent weeks, but I don't see that occurring at all tonight. It is also a reference to a Cuban cult film I saw this week called "Vampires in Havana."
I am in the process of closing down my current blog "Politics, Culture and Other Wastes of Time" on AOL, as all AOL blog must close down by month's end.
Somehow, I expect to follow a similar format on Blogger, but we may try new things. One possibility I have pondered is writing a memoir in the form of blog entries.
It is ironic I am starting this blog as one of my good friends Christopher Knight of Reidsville, NC, has apparently closed his popular blog The Knight Shift down!
Chris is one of many fellow bloggers who have inspired me along the way as has my good friend Moviezzz, who somehow manages two blogs! One is devoted to film and the other is for politics.
I will probably continue my hod podge approach for the time-being.
And, I hope my old friends will join me for the ride here on this blog as well and in turn I hope to meet new folks who partake in this new blog as well. I just hope the fringe right winger who effectively told me that Bobby Kennedy got what he deserved does not find me here! But, for every lunatic there are many good folks out there from all sorts of backgrounds and political p.o.v.s. Hopefully, you are among those who I will jokingly refer to as 'the silent majority.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of neck-biters, you should really see the 1987 thriller NEAR DARK. Several of James Cameron's ALIENS actors appear in this film. Also, the recent 30 DAYS OF NIGHT is quite compelling. I seem to have a fetish for vampire flicks; HBO's "True Blood" now occupies my Sunday evenings from 9 to 10 P.M.