Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Got Zinged!





I have to hand it to my sister Lale Lovell and her husband Matt. They got me this year for April Fool's Day. Not only did they NOT believe me when I told them I was going to go sky-diving, they pulled their own prank.

Lale informed me that her friend Denise and her husband needed someone to work the NRA booth at the Boulder's Farmer Market in Boulder, Col.

Since my sister voted for Barack Obama, and seems hardly inclined towards becoming a Second Amendment Sister, this was quite a shock though she did vote for Bob Dole in 1996 (My mother and I have since forgiven her).

I am still recovering though I take comfort in the fact that about seven folks 'fell' for my prank, including my friend Bahadir Acuner of Seattle who hurled an expletive my way.......!

For the record, I did not act that way towards my sister. I suppose next year she'll tell me that she went to a Gogol Bordello concert!

The group plays in her area at the Fox Theatre in Boulder on May 28.

No comments: