Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cat Fundraiser in Raleigh, NC





I must profess that I dearly miss my tuxedo cat Gizmo who is staying with my mom in Virginia because my apartment in North Carolina doesn't allow cats.

But, thankfully he has it better than so many other cats across the country.

While I'm not a militant animal rights person, I fully support any efforts to provide good animal shelters in the community because unfortunately some people do awful things like dump cats and dogs on the side of the road or leave them at a gas station, which is where I found Gizmo five years ago.

In Raleigh, NC, on Friday, April 17, they will be hosting the Fifth Annual Tuxedo Cat Ball for the benefit of a Safe Haven for Cats.

The event, which was advertised in "Indy Weekly," will be held at Sister's Garden. Tickets are $80 per person, or $150 per couple.

Entertainment will be provided by Deep Magic and Joshua Lozoff.

For more information, one can call (919) 872-1128.

http://www.safehavenforcats.org

http://www.indyweek.com

No comments: