Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sports/Political Humor






First of all, there is nothing funny about the earthquake in Haiti which has killed at least 100,000 people so far, but the Rev. Pat Robertson (R-Va) is another matter.

I don't watch "The 700 Club" regularly, well not at all actually, but I do watch "NBA Coast-to-Coast" on ESPN fairly regularly. Given what he said yesterday on his show, I can imagine that if the Virginia Beach televangelist were to guest-host on 'Coast-to-Coast' he might say something like this:

"The New Jersey Nets' futile season* is because there are way too many Muslims living in Passaic....some of them even own Turkish restaurants."

*- The Nets have won three games so far this year. Last night, they lost a home game to the Boston Celtics by a 111-87 margin, but they were down by 36 in the first half! The Nets next face the Indiana Pacers who are having a slightly better year.

SIDEBAR- I was hoping to see the North Carolina State Wolfpack's women's gymnastics opener against Rutgers University, which is in New Jersey, but I have come down with a nagging cold and my presence in Raleigh, NC, seems as unlikely as the Nets making the playoffs. Nevertheless, I wish them well with the Rutgers meet and the rest of their season.


SIDEBAR 2- If you are looking for Turkish restaurants in New Jersey, we recommend the Marmara Restaurant in Trenton. Tell them I sent you, even though they have no idea who I am. Closer to home, there is Talulla's in Chapel Hill, NC, which is harika (wonderful).

No comments: