Monday, May 16, 2011

Yes, We Have Experienced Distractions




The proverbial easy thing to do would be to lie and say we took a trip to Miami or Park City, Utah, for a few days, but nope that's not what happened. I've been interested in some new creative projects and the computer hasn't been working as properly as it should. I guess everyone else has been there too.

But, we hope to at least somewhat get back to our regular schedule. Of course, this is made difficult by the fact that on occasions, I can become somewhat of an insomniac.

Thus, I was able to catch an interesting Taiwanese film on Link-TV, based in San Francisco, last week called "Blue Cha Cha" about a woman who was imprisoned in jail for killing her husband, but is now being released and has to make a normal life for herself.

It turns out that Link-TV is showing Taiwanese film's every Thursday as part of a "Made in Taiwan" series in conjunction with the Taiwanese Government Information Office.

This coming Thursday, Link-TV will air "Nyonya's Taste of Life." The film deals with the subject of immigration in Taiwan, and the central story revolves around Indonesian and Thai workers who come to Taiwan looking for a better economic situation. There is also apparently aculinary aspect to the film.

The term 'nyonyas' refers to daughters from intermarriages between Chinese and Malaysian parents.

And, according to Twitter, which I haven't checked on in a long time and since there is a cover story regarding how Twitter has been declining in "Fortune" magazine I must not be the only one, the physicist Stephen Hawking is a trending topic today. I don't watch "The Simpsons," as much as some of my friends, but I caught the episode he was in, it was pretty good!

No comments: